Pages - Menu

August 16, 2012

Golden spirit

Images found on imageamplified.com

How amazing was the closing ceremony of the Olympics?! I thought it was absolutely fantastic. I loved the celebration of fashion section, where we saw the like of Britain's top of the top models, strutting their stuff along the catwalk through the mammoth stadium. Vogue (of course) has done this fantastic shoot of all the models in their most amazing gowns, shot by Nick Knight, this shoot is nothing less than Vogue's outstanding standard.
I have to say, as lavish as they all are, my favourite has to be the Victoria Beckham worn by Georgia May Jagger. It is something I would 100% consider wearing out on the town or for my next birthday. The others are absolutely incredible though, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying this is one I would actually feel comfortable to wear out. Although saying that, I would love to slip into one of those gowns, even if only for an hour, just to feel like a princess!
Metallic is such a wonderful trend at the moment, and gold is one of those colours, where if worn right, can make you look and feel expensive and classic. Yet if done wrong you could resemble more of an MC Hammer than a goddess. And nobody wants that.

I'm in the process of moving house at the moment, so things are a little all over the place. I apologise in advance if my posting isn't quite as regular.

Other news... hmmm.. I've started on my 'homework' for uni which is pretty much a report on what I want to do for my final project - which is make a magazine - so I've been researching like a crazy woman trying to decide which angle I want to go down. I'm so excited to start actually making it as it's been a passion of mine for a few years now. The first two years have been more of 'a bit of everything', but now, in my third year, it's time to focus in on what it is I want to do. So fingers crossed it translates well out of my head and onto that gorgeous glossy book.

I hope you're having a lovely week. Happy Thursday!

Ps.. Check out my Tumblr for more editorial inspiration x

No comments:

Post a Comment