Pages - Menu

August 07, 2012

Skull creation



Skull vest - Bleach painted by me. Cross bracelet - Topshop. Bead bracelet - Thailand. Cardigan - New Look. Ring - Newquay.
Over Summer I've been reading a lot of DIY blogs, so when I came across this one on the amazing 'A Beautiful Mess' I had to give it a go. My boyfriend and I actually made them together! How cute haha. I was in Cornwall at the time, so shopping isn't the easiest of things as my boyfriend seems to live miles away from anywhere - but we managed to get into Falmouth for an hour or so to this giant bit-of-everything shop Trago. I couldn't find a single black t-shirt in the women's section so I settled on a men's vest in L so that it would sit baggy. Not the greatest fit but it was o.k for a first attempt.
It took me ages to decide on what to put on my tee, after spending ages trawling through online shops like Asos, Topshop, River Island... I found one on Urban Outfitters that I really liked. So I thought why not do my own version of it, for a fraction of the price - in fact the vest cost me just £3! Barg.
The actual print is made by painting straight onto the top with fabric safe bleach - I just used a Sainsbury's own - and leaving it out in the sun for about 40-60 minutes (or until you get the colour you like as it gets whiter over time).
All you have to do after that is rinse it, then hand wash it, let it dry and you're good to go!


I'm definitely going to make some more of these soon.
I hope you like it. Have a good week :) If you like my posts, please follow xx

2 comments: