Pages - Menu

March 30, 2013

BENEFIT COSMETICS TEA PARTY - FAKE UP CONCEALER

Ah I love events. I feel so lucky that recently I seem to be able to go to so many different things, it's amazing what this little space on the internet can do. Thank you to all of you, who take the time to read my ramblings and look at my photos, it means a lot. 

Benefit is one of my favorite make up brands, so when I found out they were having a launch for their new product Fake Up I jumped at the chance to go along.
The event itself was so gorgeously planned, they had a table that was decorated with all things pink; wine glasses, marshmallow wafers, party rings, the lot. It was like a pretty pink tea party. I felt like I was 6 again and was loving it.



There was only 10 of us there, including my little sweet Justine, and the lovely Georgia 'Poppy', who brought along her babe of a little sister, so it was really nice to just have a good ol' gossip about girly things. The hostesses (who were brilliant!) talked about the product and gave us a demonstration into how to use it, so here's the low down...


The concealer itself twists up like a lipstick, and has a hydrating ring around a concealer core. This is something I personally haven't seen in a concealer before, it hydrates the eye, helping to reduce the signs of ageing and crease lines under the eye. The formula is quite liquid in consistency (although it is in solid form if that makes any sense?), so it glides on effortlessly in one swoop giving a light but buildable coverage. It can then be blended using your ring finger, or a brush if you prefer, and leaves a soft lightening look on the skin. The girls suggested that you not only swoop it under the eye, but also just above the brow to add a lifting effect and overall brightness to the eye area. Dream product much?!



After the demo, we were given a little quiz on some of their products. As you may know, each product has it's own tag line - such as Hoola bronzer; "Barbados in a box" - and we had to guess which tag line went with which product. I did surprisingly well which is always good! We then all won a little prize - a sample size tube of Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW foundation and a mini pot of It's Potent! eye cream. WIN. 



We were then all given a lemon, and were very confused as we were instructed to draw a line around the centre. All made sense when we were handed the coveted POREfessional cream, and asked to smooth it on only one side of the line. Lemons have quite visible pores, and once the cream was applied, I was honestly quite shocked with the outcome. The cream had created a smoother feel to the skin, and made a visible difference in the size of the pores. If any of you have large pores, I suggest using this product as a primer before your foundation. Works a treat!



After this, it was game time. We were split into two teams, and each team had to ask our team leader - one of the lovely hostesses - yes or no questions to lead us to three hidden Fake Up products amongst the Benefit stand, and then run around like headless chickens trying to find them! Whoever found one - and one of them was me! - won a prize, and seeing as I already had a Fine One One, I chose the beautiful Thrrrrob blusher! YAYYY. It's such a beautiful rose pink, so I'll try and get a review on that up soon.
Do any of you have Thrrrob? (I think it has been discontinued now :( waah!)



The night didn't even stop there, we were given free range over the stand, so everyone was testing and swatching the beloved products, and I even got my eyebrows done with the wonderful Brow Zings in Light. I definitely want this now! And had some of my favorite Hoola swooshed onto my face. 
What a perfect event right!?



Thank you so much to Benefit for hosting such a great event, I cannot wait for the next one!



I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend? Also, what are your thoughts on the new blog design? 
Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment